Friday, June 11, 2010

Watermelon, cantelope, Oreos and Otter Pops, that's all we really need!

It's Friday night, and I'm way behind on my promise to keep up with my blog. I did promise after-all. But life keeps getting in the way!

It's not you, dear reader, I do have someone that stumbles across my blog, I'm sure of it. Someone looking for a recipe or a tutorial on how to make a chicken coop is cursing my name because they've landed on me and what does my blog have to do with making a chicken coop anyway!?

Nothing, or everything, I'm not sure.

All I know is I just had to shave both of my dogs because no one else in the house seems to think that dogs require upkeep, but they do! They need to be brushed, bathed, nails clipped and teeth brushed. They are kind of like little people except they have tails and they stink when they get wet. So, I shaved them because their hair in spots like under their ears and on their tummies were matted and the thought of trying to "unmat" them was just too much to consider. The idea of course is that we're starting over. I've taken them down to their puppy suits and we've got nice, soft coats. Let's see how long it is before I have a title on my blog, something along the lines of "I can't believe I'm shaving these damn dogs again!"

And I'm also in charge of cutting up of watermelon and cantelope in my house. I only tell you this because I'm leading up to why I'm having a hard time keeping up with my blog. Everyone loves melon, LOVES it! We got through a watermelon and 2 cantelopes a week and could do much more but I only shop once a week and it's not in the budget to get more. It's funny though because the other day when I told my oldest son Ryan that we had to go shopping "for a few things" he said "watermelon, cantelope, Oreos and Otter Pops, that's all we really need." Oh, if it were really all we need. How wonderful life would be.

So, offical caretaker of all things dogs and in charge of the big knife, doesn't seem like a lot. If you're a mom reading this you KNOW it's just the tip of the iceberg. I'll spare you my "to do" list for fear of you thinking I'm trying to outdo you. We all have huge expectations placed on us if we are called "mom", "mommy" or anything like it by little ones, big ones, or even husbands. So, writing books and owning a business aside (I wasn't going to give you my "to do" list but then I did, see that, I went the other way like a line or two later, so fickle) life's full. So the blog sometimes gets pushed down a bit on the list. I'm sorry dear reader, or recipe searcher, or those in need of chicken coop tutorials.

I do have to tell you, if for nothing else than to make myself feel better, I have started several pages only to minimize it to "finish later" and the computer resets itself at 4 in the morning and I lose it all. Actually, I don't know if it makes me feel better about myself or shows that I'm not exactly the anal planner that I've always claimed to be. Self-disclosure, and so early in our relationship.

Anyway, I will end this blog if for no other reason than so I don't lose it to an update that Windows thinks I need but that I never find!

So, on this Friday night, I will sign off, grab a bowl full of melon before it's all gone and brush the dogs before the matting begins. Until next time.....

No comments: